Sunday 30 October 2011

Introducing My Kakarikis

Petal feeding some of last years babies
All my Kakariki are Red Crowned Kakariki.  Petal is my oldest female she is a Black Eyed Clear Yellow Mutation. She had a new partner this year after I lost Jimmy the father of some of my other birds with heat exhaustion.

Jimmy feeding one of last years babies
Petals new partner is Bruce also a Black Eyed Clear Yellow Mutation. 

Bruce


























Big with her 2 green feathers


Big and Little were my first ever chicks.  Ok their names are not very exciting, but I didn't know what sex they were and started calling them big fluff head and little fluff head, which inevitably got shortened and it now seems wrong to change it. 
Little being cheeky



Petal and Jimmy with Big and Little in the nest box


Little is now paired with Dave they are both Black Eyed Clear with no green feathers


Big who has 2 green feathers just above her tail but otherwise all yellow and also has black eyes is paired with Gilbert.  Gilbert I bought as a wild colour but has since grown a few yellow feathers at each moult so is there for Pied.  I thought they would produce some nice bright Pied babies.

Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment