Saturday 14 July 2012

New Adventure for Big


I cant believe the last time I updated was Easter…. And my intension was to do this as a weekly blog…!!! My excuse is that I have been having health problems and coping with ME/CFS is not easy.  Just when you think you are getting better you do too much and crash again, and it takes a long time to get back on track….

Anyhow ….. to the Bird House Business….

I would dearly love to keep loads of birds but…. Due to the above mentioned illness its becoming apparent I have far too many…. I have pondered over it for a long time and finally decided I have to cut down the numbers to enable me to look after the ones I keep properly.   I have kept Kakarikis for quite a few years and although I will be very sad to see them go I have decided that I will now concentrate my efforts on the Green Cheek Conures.  I have advertised the kakarikis and hav had some interest but want them to go to new homes where they will be loved and looked after properly.


BIGS NEW ADVENTURE


After losing her mate Gilbert,  Big… the first Kakariki from the first clutch id bred has got a new mate and seems to be doing really well.  She now lives with Manu in an aviary and I have been getting updated on her progress from her new owner…. I was sad to see her go, but im pleased she is now in good hands and has a new mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment